a�?We preach Christ and Him crucifieda�? – 1 Corinthians 1:23.
These are the main biblical principles that govern the ministries of Metropolitan Baptist Church:
I. A� A� A�Preeminence of the local church – Matthew 16:18; 28:18-20
- The church is Goda��s institution for the fulfillment of the Great Commission & forA�the maturing of the saints.
- The church family concept & involvement of each member in the church
- We are a a�?Baptista�? church because of our doctrinal beliefs a�� Jude 3.
II. A� A�Preaching and teaching the Word of God at the heart of all our church ministries – 2 Timothy 4:1-5
- Main services & specific people ministries
III. A�Priority of soul winning as the starting point in fulfilling the GreatA�Commission – Luke 19:10
- Personal & organised soul winning
- Through people ministries such as childrena��s, teena��s, mena��s & ladiesa�� meetings
IV. A�Purity in the life of the saint – Romans 12:1-2
- We will encourage personal holiness by establishing &A�practicingA�biblicalA�convictions and standards.
V. A� Perfection (maturity) of the saints in all ministries to equip for Christian service – Ephesians 4:12
VI. A�Producing leaders who will reproduce themselves – II Timothy 2:2
- Main services of the church
- Life Stages & personal discipleship
- Leadership training & S.B.B.C. courses
VII. A�Pursuit of excellence in all that we do – Colossians 3:17
- We will do our best in every area of church ministry.
VIII. A�Personal walk a�� the key to a fruitful life and ministry – John 15:1-16
- God has ordained the Christian to bear spiritual fruit; this comes by abiding in JesusA�Christ.
IX. A�Praying & fasting together as a church a�� a means to Goda��s power over life and ministry – Acts 1:14; Mark 9:27
- Mid-week prayer meetings
- Special prayer meetings
- Ministry prayer meetings
X. A�Protection and power provided as we submit to God’s chain of authority -A�Romans 13:1-7
- All authority stems back to God, & to go contrary to authority is to go against theA�Lord.
- Loyalty to the pastor and the church is the only policy, as opposed to disloyaltyA�or neutrality.
XI. A�Power of the Holy Spirit upon our lives essential for effective service -A�Luke 11:1-13
- The power of God is available through fervent prayer.
XII. A�Preciousness of the familyA�-A�Psalm 128:1-5
- The family is the union of one male & one female in marriage. Children are given byA�the Lord and are to be nurtured in the Word of God. God has ordained the ChristianA�home & the church as the prime places for a childa��s education.