“We preach Christ and Him crucified” – 1 Corinthians 1:23.
These are the main biblical principles that govern the ministries of Metropolitan Baptist Church:
I. Preeminence of the local church – Matthew 16:18; 28:18-20
- The church is God’s institution for the fulfillment of the Great Commission & for the maturing of the saints.
- The church family concept & involvement of each member in the church
- We are a “Baptist” church because of our doctrinal beliefs – Jude 3.
II. Preaching and teaching the Word of God at the heart of all our church ministries – 2 Timothy 4:1-5
- Main services & specific people ministries
III. Priority of soul winning as the starting point in fulfilling the Great Commission – Luke 19:10
- Personal & organised soul winning
- Through people ministries such as children’s, teen’s, men’s & ladies’ meetings
IV. Purity in the life of the saint – Romans 12:1-2
- We will encourage personal holiness by establishing & practicing biblical convictions and standards.
V. Perfection (maturity) of the saints in all ministries to equip for Christian service – Ephesians 4:12
VI. Producing leaders who will reproduce themselves – II Timothy 2:2
- Main services of the church
- Life Stages & personal discipleship
- Leadership training & S.B.B.C. courses
VII. Pursuit of excellence in all that we do – Colossians 3:17
- We will do our best in every area of church ministry.
VIII. Personal walk – the key to a fruitful life and ministry – John 15:1-16
- God has ordained the Christian to bear spiritual fruit; this comes by abiding in Jesus Christ.
IX. Praying & fasting together as a church – a means to God’s power over life and ministry – Acts 1:14; Mark 9:27
- Mid-week prayer meetings
- Special prayer meetings
- Ministry prayer meetings
X. Protection and power provided as we submit to God’s chain of authority – Romans 13:1-7
- All authority stems back to God, & to go contrary to authority is to go against the Lord.
- Loyalty to the pastor and the church is the only policy, as opposed to disloyalty or neutrality.
XI. Power of the Holy Spirit upon our lives essential for effective service – Luke 11:1-13
- The power of God is available through fervent prayer.
XII. Preciousness of the family – Psalm 128:1-5
- The family is the union of one male & one female in marriage. Children are given by the Lord and are to be nurtured in the Word of God. God has ordained the Christian home & the church as the prime places for a child’s education.